Monday, April 23, 2012

Dr. Evan D' Alessandro- Underwater photographer

Please see below an interview with Dr. Evan D'Alessandro.
If you want to see more of Dr. D'Allessandro's pictures, you can see them at:

Biscayne National Park's Dante Fascell Visitor Center Gallery
9700 SW 328 Street
Homestead, FL 33033
from March 9 to June 3, 2012, open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Admission is free.
Call 305-230-7275 for more info

you may see the Dante Fascell Visitor Center Gallery website here.





What city/state are you from?
A small town in New Jersey called Verona.
Why did you come to RSMAS?
I came to Miami for my undergraduate degree in the 90’s and stayed for my master’s and Ph.D at RSMAS. I love the U and didn’t want to leave!
What job do you have currently?
I’m a visiting assistant professor in MBF here at RSMAS
What brought you to underwater photography?
I’ve always loved nature photography, so when I was spending lots of time underwater for my graduate degrees, it made sense to invest in a camera and start shooting.
What kind of camera(s) and lenses do you use?
I shoot currently with a canon 7D and several different lenses, but I actually started with a canon powershot point and shoot and have had many different cameras since.
Do you have a distinct style in your pictures?
I love to take portraits of unusual or rare fish behavior.
What advice would you give someone who is interested in underwater photography?
It’s never too late to start, and take your time. You can find something unique and beautiful even in seemingly mundane environments if you give it enough time.

You may find Dr. D'Alessandro's website here.


Sand Perch-picture by Evan D'Alessandro
Glass gobies-picture by Evan D'Alessandro
Saddled blenny-picture by Evan D'Alessandro

Bluethroat- picture by Evan D'Alessandro




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.