Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Time to Plant! - Willis Greene

It's time to get your vegetables garden ready for planting. If you don't know how to start, here are the steps and some tips:

1. Get rid of the weeds and grass by digging them up.



2. Turn over your top soil.



3. Make some furrows to plant the plants.



4. Add some fertilizer.
tip: I add Miracle Gro Garden Soil for flowers and vegetables and Black Kow composter under each plant I sit out in my garden.


5. Plant.
tip: I only plant new plants late in the day because it is not as hot.
During the month of October, I plant collard greens, cabbages, tomatoes and peppers.


6. Water.
tip: Water your plants for a week morning and afternoon if possible or at least once a day.

7. Watch out for pests (insects and worms).

8. Enjoy fresh vegetables at harvest time! (60 to 90 days, some crops might take longer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.